Saturday, 7 February 2015

Knowing deeper part 2,

Friendliest girl with a good taste of fashion!

Amani, 20 years old from Malaysia. A graphic design student currently living in London. @amania_







What kind of look do you have?

I want to say I have a simple, minimal look with a hint of... laziness? I wear a lot of white shirts over and over simply because I love how quick it and easy it takes to look presentable. My ideal outfit would be a buttoned up white shirt + cigarette pants + leather jacket + adidas superstars.

How do you stay up to date with fashion?

I don't know about keeping up with "fashion" but I do find style inspirations in general from Instagram and tumblr!!!! Some people on instagram that I adore would be fashionwithfaith, stylenanda and erikabowes, where as for tumblr I mostly look at Korean and Japanese blogs. The ZARA website also has amazing pictorials published every beginning of the season so sometimes I just go on and just browse through everything! and i don't just look at the women's section, the men's and kids too! 

Other than social media, I look at what my classmates are wearing too since I go to a design school so everyone pretty much looks amazing everyday.


What does the word ‘fashion’ mean to you?

hmmmm....a way of expressing? 


How much attention do you pay to fashion in the way you dress?

The thing with fashion is it comes and goes away every season so I don't try to pick clothing pieces that are trendy or fashionable. Instead I look at the colours and the fit that's 'in' and try to imitate that with what I already have in my closet. My mother is great at altering my clothes so I'm always asking her to make my sleeves wider or to taper down my pants etc. (my mom has fairy fingers!!). 

I do however, always try to pay attention to what's in style for shoes because I am obsessed with them, something I got from my father ( he has his own shoe closet!!!) and to be honest, I'm more into sneakers and mens shoes more than anything! I live in a student dormitory and If i could bring all my shoes from back home I would!! 

How do you personally feel about clothes/pants/shoes shopping?

f I'm shopping for myself I would prefer to go alone. It's much more comfortable for me to not think about whether something is nice or not, If I like it then that should be enough. Before actually going out to shop though, I'd go on the sites first, I guess you could say I do a lot of online window shopping? When I find pieces that I like, then I'd go out to the stores and try them on etc. Shopping is actually quite stressful and tiring for me so I'm not really into just browsing through many different stores. When I've bought the thing I want, I'd leave. However, It's a whole different story if Im not buying anything and just going out with my friends, hours spent in stores would be entertainment!!


xo,anis.

No comments:

Post a Comment